2.17.2014

It will be worth it.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone....

Sam Levenson



Blazer: Suzy Shier
Dress: H & M

There have been many times this year where I have felt over whelmed with the amount of things I "need to do" I was having a very intense conversation with my father about two days ago where he asked me "What happened to you wanting to teach the young people in your youth group?" -- I didn't want to respond with "I'm too tired to think about that right now", but that was what I said any ways. He told me he understood, that I was taking on a lot of things this year, but that this one would give me the greatest reward of all

Sometimes, you question whether or not you're up for the task. I thought I got named youth leader of my local church this year because somebody else couldn't step up. And although I've been wanting to do it for a long time, the first thing that entered my mind was doubt. How was I going to do this? And it's been creeping around my head since day one. How would I accomplish to convince 15, 16, 17 year old kids that living a Godly and Holy life is the way to go? 

God has been taking me on a small journey in the last two months, rather than rebuking my doubt, he's been embracing me and my fears. Lovingly showing me that it is not what I can do, but it is what HE can do. I may feel lonely, but I am certainly not alone. I am blessed with three other people willing to help me with all these young people. And maybe I can't do what they can do.. but I MUST do what I can. And if all I can do right now is send a text message saying "I've missed you" or "I am here for you" and maybe an "I love you" than that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

I told a young girl before she got baptised last night, "You're joining God's team, and no matter what comes your way, God's on your side. And there is no battle He can't win." As I looked around, other young people from my youth group were worshipping God unashamed. With tears running down my face,I made myself a promise...I will keep going even when it may not be easy, it may be hard, I might suffer discouragement but if I can just pray one of these kids through there troubles or put my arms around these girls and whole heartedly tell them I love them, God will do the rest. And it will all be worth it. 

9 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! God will give you the strength to go on, and you are doing a great job already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful website - and such an awesome post - it's obvious God is doing a GREAT work in your life and in the life of the youth you're ministering to.
    Keep fighting the good fight.
    I happened to stop by from the Style Elixir site - my website is alyssabarnettbeauty.com (I'm having a beauty giveaway so stop by and enter to win!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Enjoyed your thoughts.

    Amy Ann @ http://www.thearnoldsblogalot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your post. As I have a teen boy in a youth group I am worried about him fitting in who can he relate to I have to have faith that god will provide him a place and a home of safe refuge. You look beautiful in your H&M dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is adorable, and you look great in red!!
    You are doing God's work, and I agree with your dad--kingdom work is the most important and will have the greatest reward :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love red with black and white. Super cute! Please grab/add the badge to your post and comment on the main post plus one more. Thanks for linking up to What I Wore!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that red blazer!

    I don't believe in God, but posts like this make me wish that I did. Faith is such a wonderful thing and I am jealous of everyone that has it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm really inspired by your blog. when will you be posting something else?

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pop of color!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...