9.25.2012

10 Day You Challenge: Four Books

So, for some reason the last two weeks I've had NOTHING to post on my blog. I think I need some new adventures or something or other. Anyways, I am excited about this weeks post because I LOVE reading. Its one of my favorite thing to do. So I have a bit of books that I love and would be willing to read over and over again. So picking just four is going to be hard. 
Well, I hope everyone has a great week. 




1.
To Kill A Mockingbird 
Harper Lee
So, I read this in high school and thought it was amazing. 

A few years later, I was at chapters skimming the book shelves for a good book to read and saw the a special edition of To Kill A Mockingbird and bought it and re-read. I still love and maybe will read again soon. 




2. 
Disgrace
J.M Coetzee
In grade 10 english class I had to pick a novel from a list and write a book report and five minute presentation for the novel of my choosing. The first novel I read was the memoirs of a geisha and DESPISED it. 

and then my second book I chose was Disgrace. I had never heard of the author and just kinda picked because I didn't know what else to pick. 

I did not regret it one minute. Its a great book! 







3.
Harry Potter
J.K Rowling
I know some people out there are haters. And people object because of the magic and darkness of the books but she did a great job of creating a universe and story that continued for SEVEN books. I think I read some of the them twice. If she wrote another book I wouldn't hesitate to read it. 



4. 
The Lovely Bones
Alice Sebold 
If I ever need to murder someone this book taught me how to do it leaving no trace behind. After I read this book I think I recommended it to EVERYONE! 

Got some of my friends to read it, also lent it to a friend and never got it back. Now, if only I could remember which friend! 

If you haven't read it, READ IT!  





Other Recommendations:
anything by Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, Sophie Kinsella, Jane Austen, Emily Griffin, Marian Keyes.
I also liked the 12th Night by Shakespeare. 
I also enjoy Calvin & Hobbes and Archie comics. 
I will also be trying to complete Jane Eyre! and the rest of the Hunger Games trilogy. 






 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely bones was awesome. I bought that one and her other books as well which u have one of them I think. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your choices! I am reading The Almost Moon now. No where near as good as The Lovely Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't think I've ever read To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for to kill a mockingbird and harry potter - those are absolutely on my top 5 of all time. :)
    anticipationblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...